April 16, 2007
Recently I had to tell a friend my picks for five most exciting startups I see in the Valley right now. I came up with six, if anyone cares… in no particular order:
* Offermatica: web metrics. Most of the companies in this space don’t end up convincing you that they understand the web OR metrics… but not these guys.
* AdMob: mobile ad network. Not only does my friend Mike Rowehl work there, but this category is going to be so huge.
* VideoEgg: video ad network. I like a company that isn’t afraid to go head to head with Google. 🙂
* LiveOps: distributed customer service infrastructure. Again, this is going to be huge… like imagine if you could have a perfectly functional “call center” made up of people in rural areas or specialists from around the country.
* Aggregate Knowledge: collaborative filtering service. Using the power of social networking for something not pointless.
* AutoMattic: blogware. The product just works — I’ve switched all my blogs from three different competitors to it.
Hmmmm… according to this list, I think I like businesses in the internet infrastructure space…